Saturday, December 31, 2022

My Top 10 Albums of 2022

2022 is over with. I survived another year. The years continue to pass with increasing speed. I’m still in my mid 30s, but I feel that, the older I get, I can almost sense the rhythm of the Earth as it tilts toward and away from the sun, on an endless carousel ride that we cannot escape. If the Gregorian calendar made any sense, we would celebrate the New Year on Winter Solstice, or the day after. Or was that too pagan for Pope Gregory? Anyway, the rest of society follows this calendar, at least in the country I’m in, so I cannot avoid it. New Years Eve is like just another day to me, really. Just like Christmas is mostly just another day. I only barely acknowledge it because everyone else is. I’ll still have some sparkling apple cider and stay up past midnight tonight as my one tradition I still keep, nearly devoid of real meaning. I’m not going out anywhere though.


To the point, here are my Top 10 favorite albums of the past year. Nine goth picks and one acoustic rock album that is still very dark because it’s Type O Negative covers. As I’ve said in previous years where I did this blog, this is only based around what I heard during the year. I’m sure I’ll be discovering music from 2022 that I missed out on for years to come. Included is my favorite song from each album embedded from YouTube (except in the case of Скубут, which had an official upload of the full album). We have bands from the US, Canada, Australia, Armenia, Austria, Croatia and Mexico. In no particular order:


Slow Danse with the Dead ~ Strangers in the Dark


Release Date: September 9
Origin: United States, New Mexico 





Desmond Doom ~ Surf Goth



Release Date: August 27
Origin: Australia



Forever Grey - Sympathy Garden


Release Date: April 1
Origin: United States; California 




Ayria ~ This is my Battle Cry



Release Date: August 5
Origin: Canada


Vestron Vulture ~ Super Liger


Release Date: September 14
Origin: Mexico



Pitch After Dark ~ Dark & Severe


Release Date: October 31
Origin: United States, Nevada





Node ~ It Depends on our Feelings


Release Date: January 1
Origin: Armenia 





Devoted Sinners ~ The Dangerous Obsession 


Release Date: October 31



й

Скубут ~ Беэжизенный



Release Date: July 1
Origin: Austria





Denis Pauna ~ In the Sound of Hollow Bodies



Release Date: April 22
Origin: Croatia





No comments:

Post a Comment