Sunday, March 17, 2024

Today’s Mixtape: 1992 in Music

 




I want to start blogging again. Been in a bit of a creative drought since like, last September maybe. But it’s spring time now. Time to start anew. Maybe whenever I do these little one hour mixtapes I’ve been doing, I’ll post them in my blog. 


For a long time, if I saw a 1 hour blank tape at a thrift store, I would pass it up. 1 hour isn’t long enough for my highly conceptual themed mixtapes. Even a blank CD is longer. But, I’ve since relented, basically ever since I got that really nice cassette deck from my neighbor for free. There are still things you can do with them. You can put an album on one if it’s short enough, you can put a live concert on one, or you can do little mixies like this one. I’ve done one for the years 1983, 1986, 1990, and 1999 so far. 


This tape was labeled “Christmas 1992”, and contained a recording of some kids singing Christmas carols at a church or something. Welp, sorry kids, I’ve recorded over you with the best grunge, goth rock, dark wave and alternative rock of 1992. All songs that existed when this tape was first recorded, some hits, some obscure. And this playlist is based off the 1992 section of my new and improved YouTube playlist, The 1990s in Music. That’s something else I should blog about. I’ve also done the 1980s all the way to the 2020s so far. Yes, enough time has gone by for me to start one for this decade, although it is a work in progress obviously.

Anyway, the track listing in case my handwriting is bad for some people.


Side A


Alice in Chains - Would?

Stone Temple Pilots - Creep

Passion Noire - Every Day

And One - Secret Boy

Type O Negative - Summer Girl (demo)

Nirvana - Aneurysm 

Faith No More - Mid-Life Crisis

Sega - The Mystic Cave Zone (filler for the end of the tape from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on Sega Genesis, truly game of the year)


Side B 


White Zombie - Thunder Kiss 65

Ministry - Just One Fix

Garten Kirkhof - Le Dormeur

The Wake - Sideshow

13 Candles - The Traveler

Pantera - This Love

Green Day - Welcome to Paradise

Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name


Last song cuts off at the end, but that’s what I get for using a 1 hour tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment